Friday, September 2, 2011

He has arrived.....

Michael posted on Facebook that he arrived. There is a a 9 1/2 hour time difference and I'm sitting with my laptop (Facebook) up and running anxiously awating a chat session with him. It's 7:45 am on Saturday right now. He's tried to contact me a couple of times today. The first time was at a little after midnight today and the second time was a few hours ago, all via Facebook messaging. I so badly want to hear his voice, but I'm certain that isn't going to happen. I don't think he took a prepaid phone card so there's no way he could call me. Not to worry, there will be a couple phone cards in his first care package that I will be sending in the mail off to him on Tuesday. I'm going to have to go to the store and get some of his favorite snacks to include in his box....things like sunflower seeds, cookies, and ramen...yes...I said ramen. I will aslo be sending him baby wipes, AA and AAA batteries and a few sports magazines. I can't imagine not being able to enjoy all of the things that we take for granted living in America. Our troups have sacraficed those things to fight for our freedom and combat the war on terror. For this I will forever be indebted to our Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines. We are truly blessed to live in this United States of America.

No comments:

Post a Comment