Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Late night calls

I had just fallen asleep when my phone rang. You know my phone has been by my side every moment just incase I might get a call or text from Michael. With the time difference texts or facetime calls come as the strangest times here in Oklahoma. With all of that said, the text conversation tonight when something like this...

"Hi Mom"
"Call and wake Miranda up for me"
"I can't wait to get to the PB (patrol base)"
Why I asked
"Cause there's no internet there"
Why would that be a good thing I asked
"So I don't have to talk to no one which means I wont get upset as much"

Of course I think I've done something to upset him so I inquire what have I done to upset you..and he informs me it's not me but Miranda. So what does this persister Alpha personality type do but send Miranda a text reminding her that Mike needs to be focused on doing his job and coming home alive with both arms and legs.

Guess what happens next....Mike tells me to mind my own business and that he can handle his relationship....he's a big boy.

Guess I chalk this up to another tearful moment in my life. I worry 24x7 about him...I pray for him continually....and I need for him to come home in one piece just like he left.

No comments:

Post a Comment