Monday, September 12, 2011

The News Reports

Last night after watching the Dallas Cowboys CHOKE I watched the local news. One of the headline stories was about a car bomb in Afghanistan that injured 77 US Troops. The news didn't state where in Afghanistan this occurred and all I could think about was WHERE in Afghanistan did this happen. I grabbed my laptop and started searching the internet for any information I could find about this attack. As I was searching all I could think about is what if it's where Michael is. What I found was that this attack happened on Saturday at a combat outpost in central Wardak province. Where in the world is that? So more Googling for me. I needed to know if Musa Qala is Wardak province. Musa Qala is in Helmand province. I took a deep breath and thanked God for keeping Michael safe. I also said a prayer for the 77 US Troops that were injured in this car bombing.

I wonder if the US government notifies the families of injured Service Members before the story is released to the media?? I would sure like to know the answer. It would make me feel more at ease when I hear these news stories on TV. Don't get me wrong, I am still concerned for ALL Service Members and continue to pray for all fighting the war on terror. God Bless all of our Troops across the world. We are forever indebted to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment