Monday, September 19, 2011

Blue Star Mothers of America


Tonight I spent a few hours with my fellow Blue Star Moms. I am a member of the Blue Star Mothers of America, Chapter 6. We work to support our troups deployed as well as supporting vetrans, POW/MIA and fallen military familes. Tonight we discussed several ways to raise money and obtain donations for the care packages that we send to the troops. I will post more info in the days to come about these events and ask that all of my friends help me to get the word out.
Many of these Mom's have sons and/or daughters who have been on several depoyments. They are so good to listen to your concerns and give you a hug and tell you that they know how you feel. They really do know how I feel. I was able to get a few phone numbers and email addresses so that I can start to build friendships with these ladies who share the same passion as I do...supporting our troups.
Today has been the hardest day since Michael deployed. He's heavy on my heart and I'd give anything to hear his voice...to know that he's safe....to know that the Marine's that he's responsible for the care of are safe. I keep reminding myself that each day that passes is one day closer to my boy coming home.

No comments:

Post a Comment